Everyday, health care professionals face a range and depth of suffering for which they have had little or no training:
- What can I do when I don’t know what to say?
- How can I prevent becoming overwhelmed by the loss I witness?
- How do I speak about death with my patients, their families and children?
- Is there a more positive way to view death, and to prepare for it?
Authentic Presence offers caregivers effective tools to discover their own inner resources for well-being and wholeness building a strong foundation to accompany patients and clients through critical and painful times.
Authentic Presence offers participants the unique opportunity to explore their own understanding about death and its deeper dimension, and how they relate to life and those they care for. Participants will experience a deep immersion into the methods of mindfulness, meditation and compassion and become uniquely attuned to a deeper understanding of what it means to be present with suffering, without becoming overwhelmed by it.
Authentic Presence will support professionals to:
- Develop critical skills to respond effectively and appropriately to patient and family needs, and work in a team.
- Encourage personal and professional growth, and more effective methods of communication.
- Learn meditation and contemplative practices that awaken deeper compassion and wisdom in life and work.